Marketing & Communications Assistant
The Friends of the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens is seeking a dynamic individual to
join our team as a Marketing & Communications Assistant.
About the Position:
As the Marketing & Communications Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in managing
various aspects of The Gardens’ online presence and communication channels.
Collaborating closely with the board of directors and volunteers, you will contribute to
enhancing our digital footprint and community engagement initiatives.
This is a part-time contracted position offering 20 flexible hours per week. While 10
hours will be dedicated to on-site responsibilities at The Gardens during regular
business hours, the remaining hours can be fulfilled remotely. Candidates must reside
locally in Port St. Lucie or surrounding communities.
Compensation: $30 per hour
● Maintain and update The Gardens’ website, including the calendar of events.
● Develop and publish engaging content across social media platforms and
actively engage with audience comments and inquiries.
● Manage the Google Business Profile, ensuring accurate information and timely
● Curate and distribute the monthly newsletter/magazine.
● Design visually appealing graphics and flyers.
● Capture high-quality photography for use across digital platforms.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Candidates with the
following qualifications will thrive in this position:
● Proficiency in WordPress website management
● Strong familiarity with various social media platforms, including Facebook and
● Experience using Canva for graphic design
● Familiarity with Neon software is advantageous, preferred but not required
● Creative mindset with a keen eye for design
● Exceptional soft skills, including professionalism, respectfulness, and exemplary
Applicants must possess a clean and valid driver's license.
About the Friends of the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens:
The Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens is managed and operated by Friends of the Port St.
Lucie Botanical Gardens, Inc. The Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens is a welcome oasis
of greenery in the heart of Port St. Lucie. Located on the banks of the North Fork of the
St. Lucie River, the site features a lake with a fountain, paved public paths, beautiful
gardens, a pavilion, and more! This beautiful sanctuary has numerous gardens
overflowing with plant-life, including a butterfly garden, orchid room, and rose garden.
Join us in fostering community engagement and promoting the natural beauty of the
Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens. Apply today to be part of our vibrant team!
To apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested donation of $5 per person is appreciated
See Visitor Info page for donations & directions
Subscribe to our Newsletter • Like our Facebook Page
The Gardens Thanks All Of Our Contributing Photographers
Pictures/video taken at our events may be used in social media, online and publications.
© 2008 - 2023 Friends of the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens, Inc. All Rights Reserved
2410 SE Westmoreland Blvd., Port St. Lucie, FL 34952 • Phone: 772.337.1959 • Fax: 772.237.5952
General Email: email@example.com • Events Inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gardens are open to the public Tuesday-Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday Noon to 5 p.m.
In all cases, donations are deductible to the extent allowed by law. Friends is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.